A systematic search for attributes that make a fig species invasive, weedy or vulnerable to extinction. An account to chronicle the journey of research and the writing of a scientific paper.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why Ficeae?

Ficeae is the tribe which Ficus, the genus is in. Moraceae is the family.

I had wanted fig, figs, ficus, figwasp and moraceae as my blog address. The first four were already in use and I felt "Moraceae" was not specific enough since my project would be solely on figs. So I searched around till I found that Ficus was in the Ficeae tribe. It is the only genus in the tribe.

I am so excited about my project that I could not help but to make this.

Browsing through the literature on Ficus, I was overwhelmed by the quantity of research done. It either means my job will be easier or my job will be tougher. I hope to see it both ways, so I will not slacken, neither will I be complacent.

Once again, I want to thank my Professor, Prof. Hugh Tan for this opportunity to do this research! It is a chance to search or investigate a topic exhaustively which entices and excites me.

I'm eager to embark on this journey!

Like what Wee Foong said, may it last me all the way through.

May God guide me in all things with all wisdom and love.

No comments: