A systematic search for attributes that make a fig species invasive, weedy or vulnerable to extinction. An account to chronicle the journey of research and the writing of a scientific paper.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I took a long one month break to focus on this Special Semester module called LSM4263 Field Studies in Biodiversity. I was rushing to complete the oral presentation and report.

Now, I'm back to figging.

I have visited the Botanic Gardens library twice to check out their Floras. They have a wider collection than our lab.

I'm currently trying to complete my list. I'm searching for the 730-755 species of Ficus. Currently I have about 700. But it's an incomplete and imperfect list with probably quite some mistakes, so the numbers could be lower.

I'm also finding out the cultivation status. Could it be that cultivated figs are more prone to becoming weedy??

Soon, I would need to find these figs corresponding wasps.

It looks like things are picking up speed.

No comments: