A systematic search for attributes that make a fig species invasive, weedy or vulnerable to extinction. An account to chronicle the journey of research and the writing of a scientific paper.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fascination with Ficus

Sometimes I get a little disappointed. I am not still not good at doing research. I still don't quite get it. I might feel a little inferior to others actually.

But let me not do research to prove to others I can do it, rather, let me do it out of love, a passion for knowledge, to know and be known.

Sitting down here, looking at papers and websites, can get dry at times. I'm not very explorative (what an irony right?) but just now I was exploring Fig Web and I found faces, faces of Ficus lovers, Ficus researchers. Check out George Wieblen. He looks very extroverted and a fun person. And I see the smiles on their faces, the many many publications they have come up with... It's crazy, I mean they really love Figs, to do all these things. And they're people like my Professor, like my lab mates and possible people like me. 

Let this passion drive me to do work, not obligation.

I feel like I'm living in a world of Science.

No comments: